Re: Installing click packages without Ubuntu-one

On 14/10/13 18:59, Nicolas Delvaux wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm enjoying Ubuntu Touch on my Nexus4 so far, except for one detail.
> I noticed that it is required to be connected to an Ubuntu-One account
> in order to be able to install any app.
>
> Is this a bug or a feature?
>
> I understand that it could be needed to buy apps. But for the free ones
> I don't see why it should be a requirement (and it adds one more privacy
> concern).
>
> Thank you for your work.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicolas

So Ubuntu SSO (the general Ubuntu Login for all of ubuntu websites wiki
etc) got rebranded Ubuntu One Login.  This is just a login mechanism
that allows you access to the current applications and will allow you to
purchase apps in the future.  It is basically the same login you would
of used in Software-center to obtain for purchase apps in the past.

Yes it is deliberate.

No it won't go away.

Final if you get a new ubuntu phone it will hopefully be able to do what
google does with android and set you up with all the apps you have
purchased/installed.

--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)