Re: Installing click packages without Ubuntu-one

Le 14/10/2013 22:47, Martin Albisetti a écrit :
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Nicolas Delvaux
> <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> 1/ Reinstalling is already possible on the desktop (and opt-in)
>
> It is not, you need to do this yourself. Nothing tracks apps installed
> through apt, the only thing being tracked today are apps installed via
> the software center that had been uploaded via the software center by
> upstream developers (the equivalent of the click appstore). Nothing
> has change there, we're just making it easier for upstream developers
> to upload their apps directly and not have to go through maintainers.

I was talking about oneconf (which is integrated in the software center).
I used it some time ago to reinstall my computer. It worked well.
Though it seems it is not maintained anymore (it does not seem to work
on Saucy).

The new system in Touch should provide a better out-of-the-box
implementation of this.
But I think I should still be able to opt-in/out.

>> 2/ http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=stellarium ?
>> Requiring to identifying users may indeed provide more accurate numbers.
>> But this has a privacy cost. Is popcon so bad?
>
> This would (almost) be the equivalent of having popcon enabled by
> default, which it is not today.

Except that popcon does not know me ;-)

>> 3/ Fair enough. You could also just publish an update for the malicious
>> package that would remove it and popup something to the user (or
>> whatever else, this is the same as if a malicious package was found in
>> Debian repositories).
>
> Yes, we will do that too, but not everybody is going to be updating
> their apps diligently, so this would be for extreme, time-sensitive
> cases.

Ok, I agree it might be useful in some (hopefully) very rare cases.