Re: Installing click packages without Ubuntu-one

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Rasmus Eneman <Rasmus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I thought the plan were to have the click framework on the desktop when
> the desktop uses Mir and Unity 8.
> So my guess would be earliest 14.10? May be later due to priorities?
> Personally I think click packages would be a good complement to the deb
> packages as they introduces the security.

Ah, I see the confusion.
14.10 will be a "converged" release, so you'll be able to run the
*same* image on any device. There's no porting involved in that case.
So yes, it'll be available, but no extra work will be done to make the
click framework, just to make apps express their capabilities properly
to work across devices.

--
Martin