Re: camera-app vs. webbrowser-app autopilot dependencies

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Omer Akram <omer.akram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hello!
>
> webbrowser-app-autopilot depends on ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot which
> provides reusable emulators(helpers) to easily interact with different
> components of the ubuntu-ui-toolkit while writing autopilot tests. The
> dependencies come from there. Many other apps depend on ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot
> as well.

That’s correct. And I should add that most applications’ autopilot tests
should use the standard emulators provided by the SDK, and thus their
-autopilot package should depend on ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot.

Some packaging expert will need to look at ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot and
> see if we can do some packaging changes there to reduce the deps.

Note that ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot depends on dpkg-dev, which pulls in a
lot of build dependencies, such as make and perl. This is because the
emulators rely on dpkg-architecture to locate qmlscene.
Maybe there’s a simpler way to achieve this, and we could get rid of the
dependency on dpkg-dev?

Cheers,

 Olivier