Re: camera-app vs. webbrowser-app autopilot dependencies

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Olivier Tilloy <
olivier.tilloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Omer Akram <omer.akram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> webbrowser-app-autopilot depends on ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot which
>> provides reusable emulators(helpers) to easily interact with different
>> components of the ubuntu-ui-toolkit while writing autopilot tests. The
>> dependencies come from there. Many other apps depend on ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot
>> as well.
>>

> That’s correct. And I should add that most applications’ autopilot tests
> should use the standard emulators provided by the SDK, and thus their
> -autopilot package should depend on ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot.
>

> Some packaging expert will need to look at ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot
>> and see if we can do some packaging changes there to reduce the deps.
>>

> Note that ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot depends on dpkg-dev, which pulls in
> a lot of build dependencies, such as make and perl. This is because the
> emulators rely on dpkg-architecture to locate qmlscene.
> Maybe there’s a simpler way to achieve this, and we could get rid of the
> dependency on dpkg-dev?

Shouldn't we start launching the apps with upstart?

Not sure about desktop, but on the device click apps are launch with
upstart and whatever is in the desktop is launched with the proper Qt
testability env flag; given the path we are taking, I think even legacy
apps should launch with upstart (and they should for proper testing on the
device).