Re: camera-app vs. webbrowser-app autopilot dependencies

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Alexander Sack <asac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do we have any thoughts on how we would go about getting those bits on
> the phone once we move to read-only testing? Andy/Sergio/Thomi?

This is part of a more generic problem, that affects more than just the
web-browser app. Essentially there are two paths to a possible solution:

1) Get an overlayFS working on the phone. Any time you want to test
something, you start the overlayFS, install your autopilot test suite +
deps, run the tests, and then kill the overlayFS afterwards. Nothing
touches the base image.

2) Install everything into /home/phablet (or some other writable space),
and patch LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PYTHON_PATH, HOME, and a bunch of other
variables.

It may be obvious by now, but I far prefer the first solution. The QA
department are talking with the Kernel developers to see what we can do in
this department. We hope to have more information by the end of the Oakland
sprint. Perhaps we can postpone this conversation until we meet in Oakland?

Thomi Richards
thomi.richards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx