Re: Thoughts on inhibiting app suspend via application lifecycle

From a design point of view, the guidance we are currently following is:

- Only the app in the foreground when the phone is unlocked is guaranteed to be running.

- In all cases where an app requires functionality that needs to run in the background and/or while the phone is locked, this functionality will need to be split off into a separate daemon that will be packaged and ship together with the foreground UI app. The daemon will have no UI, and it's functions will be started and stopped using the foreground UI app.

Applying this guidance to the use cases below: