Re: First Trusty image available for testing

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Alan Pope <alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Trusty image 3 (20131022.1) is now available via the trusty channel.
>
> We don't currently support OTA updates from saucy to trusty, so you'll
> need to update via a cable, for example like this:-
>
> phablet-flash ubuntu-system --channel trusty
>
> Once you switch channel to trusty you can then use OTA updates as you
> previously did on saucy though.
>
> However there's currently a bug (https://launchpad.net/bugs/1243577)
> which means you lose all apps which you previously had installed and
> will need to reinstall them.

You lose a bit more, the whole backup thing in phablet-tools was done just
to make the transition from cdimage builds to ubuntu image based upgrade
ones a bit smoother;

I would suggest for dog fooders to use system-image-cli to change channels.
Possibly even make it easy by adding that option to the settings app.

I'll update the tools for people going the other route regardless.

Your data in /home/phablet is safe though.