Re: Thoughts on inhibiting app suspend via application lifecycle

I haven't participated much in Ubuntu Touch yet, and all of this is very
new to me, but my impression is that whenever my app becomes "invisible" to
the user, for any reason, I can no longer expect it to be running.

So, if I were to write either a metronome or a GPS tracker of some kind,
then I would expect it to be necessary to write a background service of
some kind and then use my app as a frontend to that. So in the metronome
case, my app would be used to start, stop or adjust settings. And
particularly in the case of a metronome, I would expect my app to be
invisible quite often, because when you rehearse a song, you'll likely want
to look at the lyrics and not the metronome.