Re: camera-app vs. webbrowser-app autopilot dependencies

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 4:03 AM, Steve Langasek
<steve.langasek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> +1 to that. According to Mirv, the root of the problem is that we are using
>> qmlscene. I would love a better way to launch the apps from the tests,
>> maybe it's upstart, maybe it's making a replacement for qmlscene. I suppose
>> this is a good discussion to revive. I'm adding Mirv to the thread because
>> I understood half of what he explained to me :)
>
> Well, it seems to me that calling qmlscene should be fine as long as the
> QT_SELECT=qt5 is being passed in the environment, so probably something's
> preventing that from happening the way we need it to and we just need to
> figure out the right place to integrate this.  But yeah, let's let Timo tell
> us what the problem was that he ran into.

QT_SELECT=qt5 is in /etc/environment on Touch, so the problem was that
apparently autopilot / phablet-test-run does not get to read
/etc/environment at any point.

I guess it might be worthwhile to read that as there are other
variables there too. But if that's not possible, then a quick google
would suggest os.environ['QT_SELECT'] = 'qt5' would work to set this
variable only?

-Timo