Re: [development] Need ubuntu expert

On 10/23/2013 02:10 PM, François Leblanc wrote:
Hy

Trying port ubuntu touch to crespo (Nexus S) and get black screen.

Surely 70-crespo.rules is not correct but I absolutly don't know what to put on it...

so I make a copy of 70-GT-I9100.rules

I got a black screen with

To get around my black screen issues, first I had to debug the Android image. I had access to the android image via the serial console so I could see what was happening, sensorservice wouldn't start but would run if started manually. You can see some info from the Android container by running logcat, though in my case there we no errors, I could just see from a console it wasn't running but I knew from the call in init.rc it had been started.

I ended up doing two things.

First, I added a startup call to sensorservice under the ubuntu init instead of Android by calling /system/bin/sensorservice directly. This prevented the crash at start, I think a delay might have been needed by I can't remember exactly.

Second, I still couldn't get any output from surfaceflinger. I compared the source and the original Android version from my tablet was heavily modified to work with the powervr and merging would prove a bigger project than I had time for. So I switched to mir and it came right up. It crashes if I try to run two apps, or close the first app I start but it got me far enough along for POC.

Hope that helps.

.xsession-errors

init: Unable to register as subreaper: Invalid argument
init: unity8 main process (1101) killed by ABRT signal
init: unity8 main process ended, respawning
init: maliit-server main process (1104) killed by TERM signal
init: logrotate main process (1022) killed by TERM signal
init: url-dispatcher main process (1031) killed by TERM signal
init: mediascanner main process (1032) killed by TERM signal
init: address-book-service main process (1102) killed by TERM signal
init: unity8 main process (1205) killed by TERM signal
init: maliit-server main process (1206) killed by TERM signal
init: hud main process (1105) killed by TERM signal
init: job dbus failed to stop
init: job upstart-dbus-session-bridge failed to stop
init: job upstart-dbus-system-bridge failed to stop
init: job pulseaudio failed to stop
init: job upstart-file-bridge failed to stop

Does someone have any idea about the trouble?

Does someone else working to port crespo?

Regards.

--
Neal Peacock
PengPod