Accessing the user's files in a click app

Hi all,

Since my previous questions about the content hub didn't get me anywhere, I must have been asking stupid questions. Allow me to back up to a more basic topic. This is the workflow I wish to enable:

1) The user copies (via rsync or Ubuntu One folder or whatever) files to their home directory or subdirectory thereof of their device.

2) The user uses my app to display the contents of those files.

3) Optionally, my app can download more files of a similar type to the same location, so that the user can rsync (or whatever) these files back to their computer.

Is this possible with click apps in from the app store?  If so, how?

Thanks,
Robert

Follow ups