Url Dispatcher

Hi all

I have a few questions about url-dispatcher:
Is there an eta for being able to recieve url calls in your own application?
I'm making a librivox client and was thinking of playing the file with the
music player and my epub files with a reader.
That brings another question to how to form a url for music for a internet
stream? Now the music only filters music:///* and file:///home/*/Music/*.
Is it also possible to implement options. Something like starttime....
Last thing is if i can test this on desktop. I tried url-dispatcher but it
does nothing.

Thanks
Sam Segers

Follow ups