Re: _My_ top N list

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Dave Morley <davmor2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/11/13 16:15, Jason Felice wrote:
>> NEEDS
>>
>> 1. Twitter (push notifications & sending)
>
> There is the twitter web app and the Freinds (settings→accounts to add
> your twitter account) qml client that both handle twitter okay.  Note
> neither do notifications currently but it's on the road map aiui.

Yes, notifications is a Hard Problem that we have a couple people working on.

Note, Friends will never support Twitter's push notifications due to
an implementation detail that prevents it from being a long-running
process. Friends gets invoked periodically and polls for new messages,
and that's it.

If you "need" push notifications, you're going to have to wait for
Twitter to release an 'official' client for Ubuntu Touch.