Re: _My_ top N list

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Dave Morley <davmor2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 01/11/13 16:15, Jason Felice wrote:\> BLOCKERS
> > 1. I need to get all my Google contacts onto the phone.  I don't see a
> > way to do this.
> http://sergiusens.github.io/posts/google-contacts-on-ubuntu-touch.html
> From su - phablet onwards.

Cool, thanks!

> > 3. I frequently lock up the UI of the phone.  Often when swiping to
> > unlock or see a message.  This seems to cause the UI to restart, or
> > sometimes I have to reboot the phone.  This clears my messages and I
> > therefore miss messages.
> You can open the messaging app, the message should still be there. But I
> don't remember this happening for a while are you sure you are on the
> 1.0 release on the 100 or 101 image?

I'm on 100.  "No software updates available"

> > URGENT (BUT NOT BLOCKER)
> >
> > 1. Mi-fi
> As I understand it you can set this up via the terminal but it isn't
> pretty.

My Linux network admin skills were once top-notch, but I'm pretty sure most
of those brain cells have atrophied.  Do you have any links or something to
search for?

> > 2. The ability to fix broken apps (I seem to get them into broken states
> > rather frequently, and I'd love to be able to find the QML, see where
> > logs are, know how to report things and fix them).
> It's all in Launchpad on the whole if the code is available, most logs
> are in ~/.cache/ and ~/.cache/upstart

Good to know.

> > 3. The ability to prevent the phone from sleeping when I ssh to it to
> > poke around.
> Ssh and adb in all you want the fact the phone is not displaying
> anything doesn't stop you doing that.

My experience (pre-100?) was that, when the screen blanks, my SSH
connection gets broken.   Connection was via wi-fi.

-Jason