Landing plan - Monday 4th November

Hey everyone,

As you probably saw on the phone mailing list. We were finally available to promote a new trusty image #10 (the last pieces making unity8 not passing wasn't due to the image itself). This image contains (from previous unpromoted ones) a lot application design adjustments as well as transitions from trusty itself. We are getting a very good autopilot test pass rate: 96% on both mako and maguro.
We'll keep people on the stable channel on saucy until next week.

We kicked image #11 to check what the transition brought to us during the week-end. In the meantime, we are checking the remaining tests not passing (core apps for most of them).

As well, we prepare transitioning to autopilot 1.4, which is not backward compatible with 1.3. The plan is: - on Tuesday, we will release all impacted components (~15 of them). Team leads are responsible, as discussed last week, to ensure their trunk is releasable by then. The impacted components are mostly apps, unity8 and sdk. I think balloon will coordinate the Core Apps side. Then, nothing enters those trunks anymore. - end of Tuesday, we put autopilot 1.4, autopilot-gtk 1.4, autopilot-qt 1.4 and xpathselect 1.4 in the daily-build ppa. - Wednesday (NZ time): Thomi is going, with the QA team support, to merge every 1.4 branch in those cmoponents - Wednesday (Europe time), we are going to release those and kick off an image. - Finally, we'll give the green light to all upstreams telling that they are ready to merge back to those trunks against.

Thanks for your cooperation during this transition.

Cheers,
Didier