Re: Porting issues

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 06.11.2013, 12:36 +0200 schrieb Jani Monoses:
> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Dmitry Smirnov <divis1969@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>         I'm sorry Jani, but I'm lost :-)
>         Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>

> Sorry, I forgot to say that what I was talking about is the newer (so
> called flipped-image) method of running Ubuntu, where Android's
> system.img is inside an LXC container, and this is the default on
> Nexus devices.
> For porters of 3rd devices the previous method (un-flipped) can still
> be used, and that is indeed as you described, flashing the Android
> images as with regular Android and then provide the Ubuntu.zip image
unflipped will not work anymore, all the super evil hacks it used are
gone from the rootfs since over 6 months, please only use (and
recommend) the flipped method.

the only images we provide on cdimage are for flipped, the android root
we provide also does not have any of the tools used for the obsolete
unflipped variant anymore.

ciao
	oli