Landing plan (and good news!) - Thursday 7th November

Hey guys,

Remember the indicator-network going crazy on startup yesterday and making most of AP failing? This is now history! Thanks Mathieu for the initiale debugging, psivaa to have hung up with me yesterday trying all sort of crazy things, Martin to find a reliable way to reproduce it and Lars to have find a quick way to fix it. We now understand why it happened randomly, then everytime after a while. We found a way to workaround it without the fix to get test results ASAP.

So results on image 14 are the results with AP 1.4: http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/ As we can see, it's a bit below than the previous image (particularly image 10).

You should already know that the CI infra is going to migrate over the week-end, I think it's then the perfect timing to go back to a green image. I suggest that we don't merge anything in trunk on the components that don't have 100% of tests passing (or anything in other components that may impact the other tests). Then, with the help of the QA team and psivaa, plars on the infrastructure side, try to look at what tests failed, why and please only merge fixes for it to have all AP tests passing in the next run.

So, I see the following responsability:
balloons: ubuntu-weather-app, ubuntu-terminal, ubuntu-rssreader, ubuntu-filemanager, calendar-app bfiller: notes-app and mediaplayer-app. webbrowser-app has a fix flying in already! kudos to the apps team!

The real indicator-network and a webbrowser-app fix is coming through image 15.

SDK broke backward compatibility (not impacting what we were testing though) and consequently, we can't even consider releasing the current image because of that. I have high hope to get a fix in image 16.

Then, let's target to have image 16 with a 100% pass rate! Green is fashion, let's get that!
Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups