framework 14.04, compatibility and testing

We are already on trusty and don't have a framework 14.04 agenda; or the
plans for it are unbeknown to me.

So the questions are,
What are the expected changes?
When are these going to happen so that the core apps at least can change
from framework 13.10?

One of the components that changed and wasn't really in this framework was
autopilot; I believe it should be added to the list since it is what we use
to test all apps and since it broke compatibility with 1.3 which is in
saucy we can't test the core apps easily which are framework 13.10 on our
stable images which are also framework 13.10.

This makes releasing new versions of core apps rather cumbersome since on
upload to the store and as themselves being framework 13.10 will target
both saucy and trusty but the functionality would only be tested on trusty.
So it would require manual testing anyways to verify nothing was broken.

So perhaps the core apps should already move to framework 14.04 (after
first creating it).

Another topic is, are there plans in the SDK for apps to declare the
framework they support and only allow them to use APIs provided by that
SDK/framework? Or provide a warning at least when diverging from it.

As I said, maybe these things are being taken care of already; so if anyone
knows, would be great.

Cheers
Sergio

Follow ups