Re: system-image 2.0 is ready

Le 13/11/2013 19:50, Barry Warsaw a écrit :
I think system-image 2.0 is ready for release, and would like to request a
landing slot.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-system-image/+milestone/2.0

This version fixes a ton of bugs.  Attached is the NEWS file excerpt.  I've
tested this new version locally and on my device and all seems happy.

The big one of course is LP: #1217098, where the cached data files will be
used if present and still valid.  This avoids re-downloading all the data
files if an update isn't applied until after system-image process suicide.

Since LP: #1215586 is not yet fixed in system-settings, I am pushing this off
to system-image 2.1.  This shouldn't be a show-stopper, since we haven't had
descriptions enabled in a while anyway.

Cheers,
-Barry

Excellent Barry!

With all our testing down (CI infra not available), I would love to wait for getting the first test results since last week before we start landing this one. Also, can you please file the landing spreadsheet with those info (your manager can help you if you never did), and the testing that was conducted on the phone?

Thanks!
Didier

2.0 (2013-11-13)
================
  * Avoid re-downloading data files if previously download files are found and
    are still valid (by checksum and gpg signature).  (LP: #1217098)
  * In the D-Bus API, `ApplyUpdate()` is changed from a synchronous method
    returning a string to an asynchronous method not returning anything.
    Instead a `Rebooting(bool)` signal is added with the value being the status
    if the reboot operation (obviously, this signal isn't ever received if the
    reboot succeeds).  (LP: #1247215)
  * Remove the old channels.json format. (LP: #1221843)
  * Remove support for old version numbers. (LP: #1220238)
  * Switch to nose2 as the test runner.  (LP: #1238071)
    + Add -P option to provide much nicer test pattern matching.
    + Add -V option to increase `systemimage` logging verbosity during tests
      (separate from nose2's own -v options).
  * Write the `ubuntu_command` file atomically.  (LP: #1241236)
  * Remove the unused `-u` and `--upgrade` switches.
  * Clarify that `--channel` should be used with `--build 0` to switch
    channels. (LP: #1243612)
  * `--info` output will include the alias name if the current channel.ini has
    a `channel_target` variable.
  * `--dry-run` output now includes channel switch information when an upgrade
    changes the channel alias mapping.
  * Add a workaround for LP: #1245597, caused by a bug in
    ubuntu-download-manager when presented with an empty download list.
  * If an existing image-master or image-signing key is found on the file
    system, double check its signature (LP: #1195057) and expiration date (LP:
    #1192717) if it has one, before using it.
  * If the winning path includes two URLs which map to the same local
    destination file name, the download should fail.  (LP: #1250181)
  * Provide a bit more useful traceback in various places of the state machine
    so that error conditions in system-image-cli make a bit more sense.
    (LP: #1248639)
  * Tweak the scoring algorithm to highly discourage candidate upgrade paths
    that don't leave you at the maximum build number.  (LP: #1250553)
  * When running system-image-cli under verbosity 1, print dots to stderr so
    that the user knows something is happening.
  * Remove unused `state_file` setting from client.ini.