Re: Desktop file parsing - lets standardize

On 12.11.2013 15:56, Gerry Boland wrote:
What do people think? Are there alternatives I'm missing?

Just wanted to drop one thing here so that we don't forget:

Desktop file parsing is one thing. *Finding* the desktop file is another - one that we should standardize on as well, and that might be trickier to make cross-framework / -platform. Our click .desktop files are somewhat special in that they have version numbers in their file name, which means we will often have to look for a desktop file matching a string, not necessarily the full file name. I'm thinking launcher items, which shouldn't need to care about the app version number, but need to read Icon and other fields from the .desktop file. Not sure that'd be wanted in a cross-foo solution.

--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Services Ltd.