Re: Update from r100 to 14.04

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Joey Chan <qqworini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Same as mine, I still got trusty r10 on my nexus 4.
>
> Most serious problem is, when I run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade"
> then reboot, phone stops at the "Google" logo.

The short and simple answer here is, don't do this.

The images on the stable and devel channel are guaranteed to work, or at
least that is the intention going through a lot of QA currently, reason for
which they are slow to show up if they have an unacceptable regression or
the system is under a migration (like sf to mir or the autopilot 1.4 one).

Given that the packages are still updated in the archives and the image
hasn't been validated you may upgrade into an unstable system; so if you do
this, make sure you know what is included in each package change.

If you really want to live on the edge, go to devel-proposed; but if you
dogfood, it may be a bit risky, as those aren't tested; they are the to be
tested before moving them to the sans -proposed ones.