Re: Experimental Ubuntu Touch Emulator

Le 20/11/2013 06:04, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo a écrit :
Hey,

Just to let you guys know that I just uploaded a new version of the
android package, containing the first experimental version of a
functional emulator (with UI), running Unity 8 and Mir.

Please follow the guide described at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Emulator if you want to give it a shot.
Also please check the known issues at the wiki page, as we don't yet
have everything enabled by default (e.g. apparmor and powerd are
currently disabled).

There's still a lot to be done, but this should be a good start :-)

Thanks,

Awesome Ricardo!

A word of warning though: if you are on amd64, take care if you uninstall the emulator and run apt-get autoremove to automatically clean the dependencies, this will break your system.
If you are in that case, a way to recover:
1. reboot and eventually press shift to get to grub
2. press e to edit your command line
3. on the line "linux <...>", remove "quiet splash" and replace with break=bottom 4. press F10 or Ctrl-x to start, you will be dropped in the initramfs busybox
5. mkdir /mnt
6. you need to know your FS layout and mount /dev/<your root partition> in /mnt 7. cd /mnt/lib64/ && rm ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 && ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ld-2.17.so ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
8. reboot

I'm updating as we speak the wiki page with those infos

Thanks to infinity and jibel to have helped and tried in a vm while my system was broken
Cheers,
Didier