Landing plan 25.11.12 special episode

Hey guys,

Trusty image #28 is now available. \o/

Granted that we didn't promote an image for quite a few days/weeks, we had to resolve that situation.
Especially now that the CI infrastructure move is mostly over, everything is operational, great work guys!
Raring to deliver the new promoted image, we looked at the Unity8 crashes we saw in images 27 and 28, and we ensured it only happens on exit, so didn't impact user experience as itself.
Only fixing this crash will mean diving deep into Qt 5.0 while we are moving to Qt 5.2, and getting a reliable stacktrace is hard as the phone is shutting down before the debug collect is over.
Noting that the remaining autopilot test failures are false positives from the core applicaitons we ship, we confirm manually that they all work as expected.
In those terms, we decide that we can promote image 28 with a sense of proudness, knowing all the issues we encountered in the past few weeks.
Meanwhile, we still work on resuming landing more and more packages (Mir stack, autopilot, qtubuntu in the coming one for instance) to wake up the engine, and be on a fast path again.
On the coming days, you can expect to get promoted images in a way faster cadence, now that everything is up again.

Another goal is to have again all tests green, and we have the core apps team furiously working on that.
Green image again? "Allons-y!"

Maybe we'll already be there in the next couple of images, "who knows..."<tapping nose>
Didier

*Vwrorrrp Vwrorrrp Vwrorrrp Vwrorrrp*

Follow ups