Re: Policy: filing bugs against Ubuntu packages instead of upstream projects

On 26 November 2013 09:10, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 26.11.2013, 20:56 +1300 schrieb Thomi Richards:
>

>> I also believe that the correct place for almost all bugs to be filed
>> is against the upstream projects itself (at least, for the core
>> Canonical/Ubuntu projects - I assume we're having this conversation in
>> the context of canonical-sponsored Ubuntu Touch projects).

Ubuntu Bugsquads / Developers do not have access to set bug statuses
on upstream projects. E.g. I cannot set importance, and not all status
values are available.
But I guess the inverse is also true - not all upstream commiters are
in Bugsquad to manage the ubuntu distro bugs.

Upstream bugs are not closed on merge, but Ubuntu Distro bugs are
closed when packages complete propose migration.

Ubuntu Distro bugs, automatically have per-release series and monthly
milestones. Upstream projects need manual setup of both.

In ubiquity, "upstream" project bug tracker is disabled and only the
ubuntu distro bug tracker is used to keep the bug database in a single
place. It works well enough.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.