Landing plan for 26.11.13

Hey guys,

So, we told that we were going to resume rapid image promotion, here we are, image #31 for your pleasure! This image contains part of some transition, but was mostly focused on rapidly fixing regressions we discovered: * indicators tab order not matching is fixed in the toolkit (thanks Florian, Tim + Robert P. and Ken for testing). A test is now in place to ensure we can catch more regressions on that side :) * Unity8 crashing when stopping making the following reboot really really slow (while whoopsie is collecting the crash) is now fixed thanks to Gerry in unity-mir * the webapps not opening the right urls on links is fixed and tested in upstart-app-launch thanks to Ted (and Timo to test/release it) * Not really a regression, but the ubuntu-keyboard making annoying noise while using it is now patched to not making sound by default thanks to Bill * Finally, I did a workaround based on Tiago's first inspection to fix the case when there was no GSM connexion (annoying for a phone ;)) if you don't connect first on a WLAN network. It seems to have fixed part of the issue in some cases, but wasn't the full story. Upstream did a proper fix which is landing right now (so in next image).

Image #31 has a comparable test pass rate than #28 and is now promoted and available on the trusty channel.

We will restart kicking an image for the real GSM fix as soon as the package is published and run all the autopilot tests again (but this takes some hours). We plan to promote that one as well tomorrow morning if the test results are good. The PhoneFundation team together with QA are going to write tests to cover the whole GSM area.

There is one issue that we are aware about (but this was already on image #28, hence why we didn't block the promotion on it): https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1255045. This one impacts maguro and has a workaround described in the bug itself. Dave helped ensuring that we found the right component triggering the issue and that was linked to the Mir releasing (so mir, platform-api, unity-mir). The Mir team is aware about it and we block any new Mir release on that bug fix.

Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups