A video from the app purchase kickoff sprint

So, we are finishing today a sprint in Buenos Aires for application
purchases on the phone.
It has been a success! We have at this point all the pieces necessary to
purchase applications working.

What can you see in the video?

1) The user searches for an application
2) That application is not free
3) He clicks buy
4) That launches a new service (it will be overlaid in the future using [a])
5) The service displays a webpage where the user performs the actual
purchase (this is NOT the final page, just a first version)
6) The app is downloaded
7) The app is installed (actually this step fails right now, looks like
something in pkcon?)

Some caveats:

1) We have no design yet
2) We don't have the "service-as-overlay" yet
3) We are working on the tests so this is nowhere near landing (I have here
a whole flipchart full of how we plan on testing each component, needs
converting into digital)
4) The embedded webpage is preliminary (and needs a ton of design input)
5) This involves a branch in libunity, one or two in click scope, a new
package, and see 1) 2) and 3)
6) We need to write a settings panel (aka "the wallet") where the user sets
payment methods using an embedded webpage

So, without further ado, the video:

http://ubuntuone.com/7dEYaoOBoQiLD33F4GAXs2

Special thanks to Martin Albisetti and Matias Bordese for productive
discussions so we built the right thing, to Julia and Leo for keeping us in
the path of righteous testing.

[a]
https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.ubuntu.com%2FSecurity%2FTrustStoreAndSessions&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNH7E_DUr1ccsddMO1KFhXoPbZzwNg

Follow ups