Re: A video from the app purchase kickoff sprint

On Friday, 2013-12-06, 17:27:31, Martin Albisetti wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Зонов Роман <roman2861@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Firstly, I think, that we must stop use WebView when we buy an
> > application. We must have fully native interface. I'm talking about
> > desktop too.
> Very dynamic pieces of the system like payments and authentication are
> going to move over to be webviews, because there is going to be a lot
> of changes in currencies, payment methods, authentication layers (2
> factor authentication, captchas, etc), and experience has shown us
> that shipping that UI in the client as native is always inadequate in
> the short term.

Well, that would only be the case if the native UI was fixed at build time or
needed to be installed.
Assuming native UI here still means QML then there is no such restriction.

The choice to go with an HTML based interface instead was most likely made to
also allow purchase through normal web browsers.

A valid reason, but has nothing to do with dynamic UI :)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring