Re: A video from the app purchase kickoff sprint

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Kevin Krammer <anda.skoa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, that would only be the case if the native UI was fixed at build time or
> needed to be installed.
> Assuming native UI here still means QML then there is no such restriction.
>
> The choice to go with an HTML based interface instead was most likely made to
> also allow purchase through normal web browsers.
>
> A valid reason, but has nothing to do with dynamic UI :)

The use cases span beyond a dynamic UI. For example, some credit cards
require things like Verified by Visa, or 3dsecure, which only work in
a web ui. Additionally, if we ship QML via the network, which opens up
some additional security concerns in the most sensitive areas of the
OS, we have to maintain a different UI for each version, whereas HTML
UIs are already different, so you can provide the same UI for all
versions of the OS.

--
Martin