Re: OSK regression [was: Re: Ubuntu touch images - 11.12.13]

On 13.12.2013 11:35, Sam Bull wrote:
It did work like that back in February actually, I think it was changed
within a couple of months though, because the swipe was being
accidentally triggered when people were attempting to type.

It must've been a very short period, then :)

I kind of liked that behaviour, it just needed better detection between
typing and swiping. Also, with swipe anywhere, I had no problem
discovering how to dismiss the keyboard, I think it's a little less
discoverable now.

Yeah, the threshold just needs to be higher, but the approach seems feasible still. Won't help discoverability, though.

--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Services Ltd.