Re: OSK regression [was: Re: Ubuntu touch images - 11.12.13]

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 12.12.2013, 08:58 -0500 schrieb Bill Filler:

> > It never worked like this - there was an area *on top* of the keyboard
> > (y coordinate) that was responsive to the downward swipe - was
> > basically a bigger target than we have now. And that changed soon
> > after we switched to Mir.
> Yup, the swipe area used to be a lot bigger and you could start the
> swipe above the keyboard but as Saviq points out that's not longer
> possible with Mir. We've tried to make the swipe area as big as possible
> but don't want to increase the top margin above the first row of keys
> too much. Currently (tested and working in build 62) you can swipe down
> starting from the top border of the keyboard.
>
> Another idea that was tried in the past was to make the entire keyboard
> area swipeable, but this caused a lot of jittering when typing as it was
> being interpreted as swipe down rather than typing.

how about we make the meaning of the little bar a bit more clear...
i.e. switching from:

to something like:

would certainly help ...

i don't think it is very intuitive currently and not clear at all that
you need to hit that area. adding some visual feedback (change the color
of the bar to some darker grey) if it is touched would help too i think.

ciao
	oli