Re: Multiple versions of apps in store

On 16/12/13 13:48, Martin Albisetti wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Roberto Alsina
> <roberto.alsina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Well, on iOS people just support the latest because it has ~80% device
>> coverage in weeks. If we can do that, then it will not happen here.
>
> Yes, this is the plan.

Apple stopped executing that plan when (I assume) the population of
devices they didn't want to upgrade became material. They currently host
multiple versions of the same app:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/19/apple-adjusts-app-resurrection-policy-will-allow-developers-to-restrict-versions/

(I speak as an owner of an original iPad. This change opened up quite a
few 'old' apps).

A problem for us in a while, but I think it will be a real problem.