Re: Cross-compile with CMake from SDK Apps to Unity8/Mir

On 16.12.2013 14:14, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> On 16 December 2013 12:56, David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Really cool stuff. If I want to use my laptop to cross-compile a C++ QML
>> extension I'd like to ship as a binary in a .click package (and not
>> necessarily build a .deb package), could I use this as well? And if so, how?
>>

> Yes, you can. I believe dholbach is working on documenting with
> together with matching SDK integration work on click/CMake front

I'd love to be able to help here as many folks are interested in this.
I'm still struggling somewhat though.

1) Trusty

In a quick test I could set up a click chroot (including
ubuntu-sdk-libs-dev) for saucy just fine. For Trusty (which is necessary
to get the fixed cmake), I issued:

 sudo click chroot -a armhf -s trusty create
 click chroot -a armhf install ubuntu-sdk-libs-dev cmake

and ran into http://paste.ubuntu.com/6583742/

2) Shipping i386/amd64 AND armhf in one click package

I'm still a bit unclear how to get this done. What might work would be
something like this (using camera-app maybe as an example):

 - mkdir obj-amd64; cd obj-amd64; cmake ../ && make

 - mkdir obj-armhf; cd obj-armhf; \
   click chroot -a armhf run cmake ../ && \
   click chroot -a armhf run make

Once this succeeds in a build, will "click build ." be enough to have a
working .click package for use on Touch?

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+