Re: Cross-compile with CMake from SDK Apps to Unity8/Mir

On 12/16/2013 04:28 PM, Thomas Voß wrote:
> I think the policy and guideline is pretty simple: For every new
> project that Canonical is upstream for, we will default to CMake
> (language/runtime-specific build systems aside). With that, all
> developers benefit from cross-build support and best possible
> integration with the overall system, thereby easing local testing on
> devices and in the emulator.
>
> Do we share Online Accounts with other parties? If not, I would say
> it's a very strong candidate for porting over to CMake :)

We don't share the UI (lp:ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts) and a
couple of other projects (lp:account-plugins, lp:signon-ui). I won't
stand against a switch to cmake, but now the timing is not good, as
there's a lot of development with libraries, pkg-config files and dbus
interfaces, so I'd rather wait until I've done the big part of the job.

End of January could be a good time.

Ciao,
  Alberto