Re: Multiple versions of apps in store

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> To me it makes sense to support one version *per framework* per application.
> This gives power to the developer to support what he/she wants[1]. Support the
> latest framework only to always stay cutting edge-- fine, but you will likely
> have fewer users. Support an earlier framework to get the most users with the
> least effort-- fine, but you won't be able to use newer features. Support
> multiple frameworks for the best of both worlds-- fine, but you'll have more
> maintenance to do.

Exactly.

Also, back to the Qt example: we MUST keep support for apps built
against Qt 5.0 / old ABI, probably by keeping the old libraries from a
forked source package on the device or we need a mean to download this
runtime for Clicks built against 13.10.

For now, it's not acceptable to have Trusty images that can't run apps
built against Saucy SDK.

--
Loïc Minier