Re: Cross-compile with CMake from SDK Apps to Unity8/Mir

On Monday 16 December 2013 15:28:23 Thomas Voß wrote:
> I think the policy and guideline is pretty simple: For every new
> project that Canonical is upstream for, we will default to CMake
> (language/runtime-specific build systems aside). With that, all
> developers benefit from cross-build support and best possible
> integration with the overall system, thereby easing local testing on
> devices and in the emulator.

What are the plans for integrating this into QtCreator? So far using the
wizard to create a new Ubuntu application creates a qmake project. Also the
rest of the cmake integration in QtCreator is not quite complete yet.

While I personally like cmake a lot and am happy to use it for projects where
we're upstream, I'm not really sure how this would work for our app
development offering yet.

Are we planning to improve QtCreator's cmake support or will we ship a
QtCreator style arm chroot for compiling qmake projects in there?

Cheers,
Michael