Re: Landing team 18.12.13

On 19.12.2013 06:08, Paul Larson wrote:
* unity8 had 3 failures on maguro so far as of the time I'm writing this:
   - shell.tests.test_lock_screen.TestLockscreen.test_passphrase_screen_wrong_password
   - application_lifecycle.tests.test_application_lifecycle.ApplicationLifecycleTests.test_app_moves_from_unfocused_to_focused
   - shell.tests.test_notifications.EphemeralNotificationsTests.test_icon_summary

Still bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1260860 - Fix Committed.

Łukasz said he couldn't get reliable results for unity8 when running locally, I believe the reason was that his device went to sleep during testing (unity8 sometimes takes a long time to exit - especially with the kill timeout override added to trunk - and that may mean the screen is blanked during testing). We've no way yet to turn the screen on when launching unity8 - and bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1236525 is still kicking.

With "powerd-cli display on bright" in another shell, I've now started "while true; test; done" on my mako and maguro with unity8 from ppa:ubuntu-unity/daily-build (so today's trunk), and have reached 3 successful runs on both to date. Will let those running through the night. Have marked bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1262743 as invalid, thus.

We've been stable on mako for a while now: https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/trusty-touch-mako-smoke-unity8-autopilot/ - and as far as I know the testing infrastructure does keep the display on during testing - so manual testing should do the same.

Filed a bug to track this issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ci-services-itself/+bug/1262879

--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>