Re: how to reset ubuntu phone fron system settings?

On 19.12.2013 16:19, Sayantan Das wrote:
I was wondering if its possible to do a phone reset (data reset) from
the current ubuntu phone system settings gui.

Not possible yet - you can do a phablet-flash --bootstrap to bring the phone to pristine state.

Also is there a way to back up/restore your personal data? (I still have to carry my old phone with me because I am not aware of a function to back up all of my contacts and/or move them to Ubuntu Touch)

You can use the backup feature in the recovery system, just as you would in CWM - go 'adb reboot recovery' or hold all the buttons when booting, and choose backup/restore. You can then copy the files over for safekeeping.

HTH,
--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Services Ltd.