Re: Ubuntu terminal application starting with an optional current directory

On Sat, 2013-12-21 at 17:42 -0200, Carlos J Mazieri wrote:

> Actually the terminal opens in "/home/phablet".
>
> I'd like to start the Ubuntu Terminal Application opening another
> directory as initial work directory.
>
> I am using
> QDesktopServices::openUr("appid://com.ubuntu.terminal/terminal/current-user-version");

We don't have a generic way to attach data to any URL, I don't think
that really makes sense.  What could happen is that the terminal would
export a custom URL format that would provide for that.  Something like:

  terminal:///foo/directory/to/go/to

I'm not a developer on the terminal, but I'd be happy to help on the URL
side if someone wanted to implement that.

Ted