Re: What is happening to app reviews / security policy?

On 12/24/2013 09:05 AM, Sam Bull wrote:
> I tried uploading a new app to the store yesterday, and it was refused
> due to this failure:
>         "security_policy_version_is_1.1 (bitcoin-app.json)": "1.0 !=
>         1.1"
> Despite the fact that this is not the test in the current
> click-reviewers-tools.
>
> Having fixed that, and getting it accepted, I've now found that the app
> can't be launched from Unity anymore. It runs from the CLI just fine,
> but can't be launched from the applications list.
>
> I can't find any information on this new 1.1 version, to see if there is
> some change which might have broken it.
>
> I also seem to find that any comments left on the feedback page are just
> ignored. So, I keep having to repeat myself either here or in a private
> email.

1.1 and 1.0 of the policy are available now via apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu, but
click-apparmor hasn't been updated yet to support 1.1 (this should happen after
the break). ISTR something in the review tools that requires the latest version
be used which obviously won't work without the new click-apparmor. In short,
this is the first time we've revved the policy version and we've hit a snag.

I've adjusted the click review tools to not 'WARN' on this condition with a note
to adjust the test in the future. Feel free to upload again.