Re: Indicator qml binding

On Sat, 2014-01-04 at 16:40 +0530, Ritesh Khadgaray wrote:

>   Are there any plans to expose unity8 indicator qml binding present
> in Ubuntu sdk , to allow user developed indicators ( such as cpu
> usage, or hamster indicator ) for next generation Ubuntu desktop. Or
> do we have to use qmenumodel .

We plan to port over the appindicator framework from Unity 7 to Unity 8.
It was originally on the TODO list for 14.04, but it has unfortunately
slipped into 14.10 territory.

On the QML side we expect to use Unity Actions in a similar way that
they are used in the HUD.

http://developer.ubuntu.com/api/qml/sdk-1.0/Ubuntu.Components.ActionList/

If you'd like to help with this I'd be happy to point you in the right
direction!

Ted