Re: Emulator + Autopilot = Win

On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 14:50 +0000, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:

> Whilst the emulator improvement work is on-going, I've spend some time
> getting autopilot tests execution using the emulator running.

Awesome.  I knew something cool was brewing from your questions in
IRC ;-)

> I've also wrote a juju charm which does provisioning of the emulator
> on a cloud instance, after which one can ssh in and use run-tests.sh /
> run-test.sh script straight away. 2 CPU cores & 2GB ram (min) is
> recommended. See jemjem charm in the charm store.

I find this a bit odd, it seems that I want to SSH in less and more have
the charm execute the tests with a given new package and return the
results.  Is that something you're considering for the future or are you
just trying to automate the setup?  What I'd love is to be able to do
something like (simplified):

        $ juju deploy jemjem
        $ juju set jemjem test_branches=lp:~ted/foo/bar,lp:~ted/bar/foo

And then check in later for results with those packages.

Ted