Re: Qt 5.2 info, fixes and rebuilds needed

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> Only compiled extensions / compiled .so are affected, not pure Qml
> apps as far as I know. And there is ongoing discussions on how to
> provide the backwards compatible stack in parallel to 5.2 stack. It
> started off in vUDS sessions and continued on the hallway tracks and
> post vUDS. I'm not quite sure who is in charge  / implementing that
> work. Maybe Loic can comment more?

Yup, thanks for the heads up; basically we need to keep binary
compatibility in the distro as long as possible (apps built with old SDK
run with latest runtime).  At some point, we might have to provide "old
runtimes" downloads to run older apps when we are off by two SDK
versions, but this is more of a worry for 14.10 time frame or even
post-14.10 when we start dropping things that were in 13.10.

--
Loïc Minier