Emulator Autopilot test results, image 119

Here is an update on running autopilot tests in the emulator on the cloud.

In lp:~xnox/ubuntu-test-cases/touch-emulator, i've implemented a
watchdog, to detect failed emulator startup, which will strip and
retry upto 3 times. This results in significantly less "stuck"
instances.

On the charm side, in lp:~xnox/charms/trusty/jemjem/trunk/ i've added
scripts that help running tests across multiple workers. In practice,
something like jenkins should be used to schedule execution on the
nodes, but until then I have simple GNU parallel based scripts to
execute full set of tests.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to use them:

$ juju bootstrap --constraints "cpu-cores=2 mem=2G arch=i386"
$ juju deploy cs:~xnox/trusty/jemjem -n 9

... wait for all emulators to be provisioned, takes approx. 21 minutes.

In the mean time:
$ bzr branch lp:~xnox/charms/trusty/jemjem/trunk jemjem
$ ./script/get-ips

# Once all instances are started:
$ ./scripts/run-all.sh

That last command probably best to be started in a GNU screen session
or some such, as it takes about 1h 20m to complete.

So, in a mere 1h40m from running "juju bootstrap" all autopilot tests
can be executed (this is excluding unity8 tests, which I didn't get
around to running yet).

At the end, output/ will have raw console stdout/stderr from the run
of each test, whilst clientlogs/ has the phablet-test-run results.

I have now uploaded all of these for the image #119 at:
http://people.canonical.com/~xnox/touch/

I guess I should have another run of image #120... =)

--
Regards,

Dimitri.

Follow ups