Re: Landing team 14.01.14

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey!
>
> Another landing day in the ubuntu phone world. We had images 126 and 127
> produced. Those contains:
> - the latest HUD unblocked from -proposed
> - the fix from Martin in python-gobject getting the unity8 AP tests back on
> shape \o/
> - no more crash in qmlscene and some other apps
> - the notes-app AP test fix (which is working for now \o/)
> - latest qtlocation, columbus et voice services
>
> The only known crasher is the dialer app (see below).
>
> However, due to rssreader failing reliably since image 122 (
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/127:20140114:20140107.1/6052/ubuntu-rssreader-app-autopilot/),
> we are not in a position to promote this image. I know Nicholas is working
> tirelessly to understand what regressed it (taking the diff of the image and
> going one by one).

It's worrying that this failure is in since 122 already. The longer we
continue to move on happily while this is not fixed, the more issues
might sneak in hidden by these failures.

>From what I understand the breakage was initially attribted to a
broken pygi upload that also broke unity8, making us believe this
would go away after backing out pygi. However that was not the case
and the issue prevailed.

Anyone, can spot and try to confirm what change in 122 might have
caused this regression so we can help baloons to nail this?

Since this is already an extended time where we couldn't promote an
image, if you are a core dev planning to do direct uploads that go to
the touch distro, please coordinate your uploads with the LT or wait
until this issue is identified and resolved.

Thanks!