Re: Device-Specific configs in debs

Am Dienstag, den 14.01.2014, 16:11 -0500 schrieb Chris Wayne:
> Hi Guys,
>

> So after looking at customizing powerd, I noticed several areas where
> we have device-specific config files living inside deb packages.  As
> our idea of customization has always been "one rootfs image for all
> devices", this seems a bit problematic.  Just from a quick glance, I
> found the following device-specific bits in the image (just a simple
> find / -name *maguro*):

> /etc/init/bluetooth-touch-maguro.conf
this is a question for cyphermox ... i guess it should rather be named
after the BT chipset than after the device (and ship multiple configs)
but currently we only have one device using this chip ...

> /etc/ubuntu-touch-session.d/maguro.conf
this file holds the screen resolution settings for Qt and QtWebkit, once
the shell is able to detect this info (i heard this is planned) they can
go away.

> /usr/share/initramfs-tools-ubuntu-touch/bootimg.cfg-maguro
unused old cruft, i'll remove it this week (we use the android
bootimg.conf since a while already, there no need for this file to exist
anymore)

> /usr/lib/lxc-android-config/70-maguro.rules
it is sadly unavoidable that we ship udev rules to set the device
permissions so they are the same as in abndroid (android doesnt know
about udev, ubuntu doesnt know about ueventd ... the file currently gets
copied in place on first boot and is shipped by the lxc-android-config
package ... we could move this file into /system/ and ship it on the
android side to copy it from there, but that wont

a) save us from maintaining it and
b) cause lots of package rebuilds (android, hybris) if we only need to
change one line in a udev rule (which is the typical case of changes
this file sees)

so for maintenance convenience i would like to keep it where it is for
the moment (until we really have so many devices that we need to worry
about it)

ciao
	oli