Landing team 15.01.14

Hi,

Changes from yesterday and direct uploads to distro were released today in images 128 and 129. Unfortunately, we only have full results on image 129.

Image 128 contains:
- seeding usensord and the account evernote support plugin (so that the click apps can be release)
- initial work on being able to purchase applications from the click store
- dimension support changes for sidestage in tablet mode

Image 129 contains some hybris (and soon some android to come) changes for grouper support.

However, as you could have seen on the "stopping the line" email, we had to do it for being able to repromote an image due to various recent regressions. I want first to thank everyone for playing the game and raging on getting the issues fixed and refraining from uploading... The last blocking issue (rssreader) is now understood and Nicholas fix is under polish/review. Once the click package will be published, we will rekick an image, and check the tests result to ensure that the image is promotable (probably the tests will finish quite late).

On going green, I'm mostly pasting what was from yesterday, note the latest bug addition, which is not a regression from latest promoted image (121), but still something to track.

*notes_app* (Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/112:20140105:20131223.2/5882/notes-app-autopilot/638428/ -> This one seems to need some more information to understand what happens (the toolbar is not closing). The CI team is asked if they can help providing some video for it.

*weather-app* (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/109:20140103.1:20131223.2/5859/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/ -> Networking failure. This is changing to TWC api, and yes, there will need to be some mocking. This is WIP by development team. A big rollover to the new API will be landing soon.

*unity-mir* (Kevin):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot/ -> The team has reproduced this and determined that the osk is not always being hidden when an app is quit or terminates unexpectedly. -> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-mir/+bug/1267550. Greyback is working on it.

*clock-app *(Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/ -> From Nicholas: "No luck in reproducing yet. -- the emulator won't run clock atm, investigating. Xnox, I see you seem to have results (passing), but I've only gotten crashes."

*calendar-app* (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/calendar-app-autopilot/
-> A fix is ready for the flaky. Pending though on the next promoted image.

*dialer_app* crash (Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/114:20140106:20131223.2/5903/dialer-app-autopilot/ -> The team is looking into it (doesn't seem to happen on the emulator though)

*terminal app* (Nicholas):
We had this regression last month, it's on the list as well for blocking new terminal app release (keyboard not working with it): https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1257791 -> The issue was investigated and found that konsole qml plugin is what needs work. Plugin author isn't able to look at the issue until next week, so we're on hold until then.

And the new one:
Possible *Mir* bug on maguro making some apps fail starting (Kevin)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1268693
-> a lot of people are looking into it, assign Kevin as tracking that one as it seems to be related to latest Mir.

Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups