Re: Device-Specific configs in debs

On 01/16/2014 08:08 AM, Chris Wayne wrote:
> My point is that lxc-android-config should even only have *generic* container
> bits.  Anything and everything that is device-specific should not be in the rootfs

For the reference hardware (including the emulator), how does one update the
device-specific tarballs if it isn't done in packaging? I'm fine with the device
tarball sprinkling files around, but it seems like Ubuntu devs should also be
able to modify deb packages to update the image so that our images to ease
development and have an audit trail via the Ubuntu archive. The current practice
is to use lxc-android-config (though it could be something else if people wanted
to change that). Why can't we have a hybrid approach-- debs for reference
hardware and device tarball for porters and OEMs?