Re: Device-Specific configs in debs

hi,
Am Freitag, den 17.01.2014, 10:44 +0100 schrieb Oliver Grawert:
> building the android package takes around 1h and requires you to
> download a ~250MB source package, building lxc-android-config takes 2
> minutes and requires you to download 25KB and it allows you to use the
> established merge proposal process via launchpad while changes to the
> android package have to be made to the phablet.ubuntu.com git tree (not
> sure if our gerrit instance is already up but up to now the only way to
> get patches included was by mailing someone who can commit to the git
> tree (or respectively the ML)...
>
> doing development and testing a change to a device permission locally
> before uploading is proportionally a lot harder with the android
> package ... i would like to keep the changes as long as possible in the
> lxc-android-config package, even if we decide they should live inside
> the android package at some point ...

oh, and one thing i forgot, replacing the android side for testing your
changes locally means to boot the device into the initrd (by modifying
the kernel cmdline) and dd'ing the three img files to the respective
partitions ...

testing the lxc-android-config package means making the image writable
and dpkg -i'ing the package ...

ciao
	oli