Re: Nexus 4 dash search

I'm able to view the crash file in the terminal but i'm unable to copy the
.crash file from the device to my pc. adb pull dosent seem to work. Long
story short, i upgraded to image 132 trusty and i'm facing the same unity 8
crash. I did however send the crash report generated directly.

I conducted a few "experiments" of my own during the last 2 days and i can
say with reasonable assurance that i have found the following:

1. when the device is connected to the computer, there are fewer crashes of
unity     8 happening and the whole system seems to be responding a lot
better
2. I found a way to temporarily get around the crashes. The search
functionality          only seems to be crashing in the presence of a net
connection. So i simply did        my searches by first switching it off,
typing whatever i wanted to search,              turning the net back on
and selecting from recent searches. Tedious but               effective i
must admit :)
3. Previews function better even with the screen switched off when it is
connected      to the computer.There were no crashes during this time

So, in short i dont think its a unity 8 problem alone. But i dont know
which other service is crashing with unity 8. Could be mir? Not sure.

How do i copy the crash report to my computer and attach it on any file
sharing website so you can view it?

Thanks and have a nice day :)

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx